Consider having Atlantic Van Lines professionals pack for you to ensure your possessions arrive at your new home safely. Even if you are on a tight budget we would recommend that you use the services of Atlantic Van Lines professional packers for your most delicate china and breakables.
If you decide to do some or all of your own packing, your Atlantic Van Line moving consultant can provide you with proper packing cartons, packing paper and tape at a nominal cost. Atlantic Van Line agents also offer gently used moving cartons at a reduced cost.
Atlantic Van Lines can also make custom built wooden crates for items such as antiques, marble tabletops, large oil paintings and other priceless possessions that are part of your move.
The key to packing is organization:
- Pack as much as you can in one room before going to the next room
- Start by packing the out of season items
- Pack the seldom used items next
- Leave the must have items to last; soap, towels, toiletries, coffee, paper cups and plates, paper towels, Kleenex, medications, etc.
- Do not pack valuables such as jewellery, precious stones, coin & stamp collections or money, carry them with you.
- Put curtain rod, dresser, shelving, bed or table hardware such as bolts and screws in plastic bags and tape each bag to the article or label each bag and place in a carton labelled “ set up box”.
- Do not pack dangerous or flammable items such as lighter fluid, paint, oily rags, matches, charcoal, pool chemicals, bleach, oven cleaner or ammunition as they can explode and cause damage to your shipment. Movers are not licensed to carry dangerous goods on the moving van.